Fire Damage Professionals in Santa Cruz County and Beyond
If you have had a fire in your home or commercial building, you may be anxious to clean, but unless you take the time to get professional advice, you may be creating further damage. Surfaces can react quickly to smoke, soot and gas, so it is imperative to get a restoration professional on site as quickly as possible to prevent any further damage to metals, jewelry, and clothing.
Call CLEAN-TEC Restoration & Cleaning right away for smoke and fire damage and restoration. Our technicians will work quickly to stop the damage and restore your home and personal contents back to their pre-damaged condition by using our state-of-the-art cleaning systems and equipment.
What to Do Before CLEAN-TEC Arrives
- Stay calm!
- Open all the windows for ventilation if weather permits.
- Remove children and pets (especially birds) to a clean, calm and safe environment.
- Be sure your hands are always clean – you don't want to spread the soot around.
- Close doors in affected areas to slow down the spread of smoke and odor.
- Empty the refrigerator and freezer completely if electricity is off. Prop doors open.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over air registers to keep the air out of the HVAC system.
- Wipe or attempt to wash foreign residues from walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use carpeting or upholstered furniture impacted by smoke residues or debris.
- Use exposed food or canned goods that have been exposed to heat.
- Turn on TVs, stereos or any other electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, because improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor. Use a trained professional in fabric restoration.
- Walk on carpets and floors unless you put down clean sheets or towels. You don’t want to grind the soot in or carry it to other areas on your feet.